post from Royals Review
on 14 July 2012 02:01:16 AM. © Royals Review
Everyone who sat and watched all five and a half hours of this game deserves a medal.
- Bruce Chen had another bad start, giving up six earned runs in 4.2 innings. All of Chen's runs came via the longball. Yost had the chance to pull Chen with two runner on and two outs in the fifth inning, but left Chen in against right-handed Dayan Viciendo, who proceeded to golf a home run out of the park.
- Moose and Frenchy both went deep tonight. Gordon reached base four times with three hits and a walk.
- Escobar was a momentary hero tonight when he hit a two-out triple that plated the tying and the go-ahead runner. All those outs with the game on the line last year were worth it, I guess
- Jonathan Broxton blew the save in the ninth, and was lucky he did not get tagged with the loss. Jeff Francoeur threw out Orlando Hudson at home plate, but was lucky that Perez is tall and athletic. Perez made a great play to catch the errant throw, then recovered in time to tag out the O-Dog.
- Both teams scored in the twelfth inning, giving Royals fans a chance to watch #weirdbaseball and eat ice cream. Both teams used nine pitchers in this game, which is a team record for the Royals.
- There as so many players on the White Sox that are easy to hate. A.J. Pierzynski was constantly complaining to the umpires about any call that did not go the White Sox's way, and Kevin Youkilis slid spikes up into Alcides Escobar's ankle at a force out at second
Read The Full Article: http://www.royalsreview.com/2012/7/14/3158556/royals-continue-to-depress-lose-9-8
-to-white-sox-in-14-innings Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!